Our new Travelift 75 BFMII has been performing fantastically. It was built to fit our existing pier and is the largest Travelift on Southern Vancouver Island capable of hauling boats up to 90 feet in length, 22.5 feet in beam and weighing up to 165,000 lbs. Now boat owners with boats larger than 50 tonnes can avoid going to Vancouver, Nanaimo or Campbell River to get lifted.
Canoe Cove has had quite a history with Marine Travel Lifts. It was the first boatyard on Vancouver Island and the second in BC to install a Travel Lift – a 12-tonne unit in 1965. In 1989 that was replaced by a 35-tonner and in 2008 a 50-tonne Travel Lift was acquired as part of an extensive upgrade of the Marina’s haulout and dryland storage facilities.
Please refer to the 2019 Haulout & Dryland Storage Rates pdf for storage costs. All Prices are Subject to Change without notice. Prices do not include applicable Taxes or Environmental Fees.
Haulout Booking Information
The following guidelines will assist in making your haulout experience at Canoe Cove Marina as smooth as possible:
- When phoning to book a haul out the marina staff will need as much information about your boat as possible.
- Generally speaking, the minimum time for hauling or pressure washing is one minute a foot. So, a 45 foot boat will take 45 minutes to haul and block and 45 minutes to pressure wash, for a total time of 1.5 hours.
- Every boat that hauls into the yard gets a pressure wash. This is to contain the contaminants that come off the hull when it is washed.
- There is no overnight moorage on the service dock. If boats are left on the service dock after hours for haulouts and the lift staff are required to shuffle the boat out of the way of other boats or into the lift, extra charges may apply.
- Boats over 50 feet, boats over 18 feet in beam or boats of unusual design, require special discussion before being booked.
- If you are booking a short lift, you have ½ of an hour after the boat is pressure washed to complete the inspection/survey etc. Any time beyond this ½ hour will be charged at $265.00/hour.
- There are no lay day charges for the day you are hauled or the day you are launched.
- Owners should arrive at the marina at least ½ hour before their scheduled haul-out time in order to check in and sign a work order.
- Boats will not be launched without the owner present unless prior arrangements have been made.