Canoe Cove is proud to operate a Travelift 75 BFMII, the largest lift on Southern Vancouver Island. Custom built, our lift is capable of hauling boats up to 90 feet in length, 22.5 feet in beam and 165,000 lbs.
We were the first boatyard on Vancouver Island to install a travel lift back in 1965, which has afforded us decades of experience in hauling boats. Our unique expertise and an evolving marketplace drove a number of upgrades over the years and ultimately led to the installation of our new lift in 2018. It’s been performing beautifully and is an appreciated convenience for mariners with boats larger than 50 tonnes who no longer have to travel to the mainland or northern Vancouver Island for the service.
- In order to contain the contaminant that come off each hull, every boat hauled into the yard is pressure washed.
- The approximate time for hauling and pressure washing is one minute per foot. As an example, a 45-foot boat will take 45 minutes to haul, block and pressure wash.
- Overnight moorage must be arranged in advance as dock space is limited.
- Boats are not permitted at the Travelift arrivals dock after hours.
- If our staff is required to lift boats out of the way, extra charges may apply.
- If you are booking a short lift, you have 30 minutes after the boat is pressure washed to complete the inspection/survey etc. After 30 minutes, a charge of $275/hour will apply.
- There are no lay day charges for the day a boat is hauled or launched.
- Owners should arrive at the marina a minimum of 30 minutes before their scheduled haulout time in order to check in and sign a work order.
- Boats will not be launched without the owner present unless prior arrangements have been made.
- Boats over 50 feet in length or over 18 feet in beam – or boats of unusual design – require further consideration prior to booking.
Haulout & Dry Storage Rates
For haulout and dry storage rates, refer to the downloadable PDF below. Please note that prices are subject to change without notice and do not include applicable taxes or environmental fees.
How to Book
To schedule a haulout, contact our marina staff and please be prepared with full details about your boat and the services you seek.