The current COVID-19 pandemic has led all of us into unprecedented circumstances and uncharted waters. As we learn to navigate this new course, our highest priority is to ensure the health and safety of everyone on our site.
Canoe Cove has remained open throughout the pandemic and continues to offer essential services including marine repairs, laundry facilities, Canada Post boxes and trans-shipments of goods and services to the islands around North Saanich.
Our response to the pandemic has been guided by the BC Ministry of Health, our Provincial Health Officer and the BC Centre for Disease Control. Measures taken to date are outlined below.
- Where possible, staff have been given the option to work or to stay at home, and some staff are able to work from home.
- Practicing two-meter physical distancing across our site.
- All facilities are undergoing more frequent and enhanced cleaning.
- Increased hand washing by all employees.
- Implemented reduced capacity limits for washroom facilities.
- Hand sanitizing added to all office areas.
The Province is now in Phase III of its plan to re-open the economy, and has lifted some restrictions which pertain to our operation.
In keeping with these new guidelines, we are very pleased to announce that our restaurants have re-opened:
- Porto Osteria Italian Restaurant is now operating on a winter schedule, check their website for the latest updates regarding their hours and services.
- Stonehouse Restaurant & Pub is now open Sunday through Thursday from 11:00am-8:00pm and Friday and Saturday from 11:00am-9:00pm.
The following operational updates are also now in effect:
- Shower facilities are open and have new coded locks for marina and boatyard customers only.
- Laundry facility remains open and is limited to one person at a time. New coded entry locks have been installed for marina and boatyard customers only.
- The Chandlery is open with a maximum of two customers permitted at one time while practicing proper social distancing.
- Our marina office is now open with a maximum of four customers permitted at one time while practicing physical distancing.
There are 20 businesses operating at Canoe Cove – each has had to develop a unique response to COVID-19 based on their facilities and the nature of their work. Some businesses are fully operational, some are closed temporarily and others offer limited services. We are welcoming transient boats in the marina; if you have a boat that requires servicing, please call in advance to confirm if the services you need are available. To see a full list of businesses at Canoe Cove visit Maintenance & Services, Activities and Dining.
For customers who moor their boat in our marina, you are welcome to come down and access your boat anytime providing you can commit to the following guidelines provided by BC’s Provincial Health Officer:
- Maintain a distance of two meters from anyone who is outside of your bubble.
- Wash your hands frequently.
- Cough or sneeze into your sleeve.
- If you are not feeling well or have any symptoms whatsoever, stay home.
As the situation with COVID-19 evolves, we will continue to post updates on our website.
If you have any questions or require further information, please call the marina office at 250.656.5566.