The current COVID-19 pandemic has led all of us into unprecedented circumstances and uncharted waters. As we learn to navigate this new course, our highest priority is to ensure the health and safety of everyone on our site.
Canoe Cove remains open and continues to offer essential services including marine repairs, fuel dock, laundry facilities, Canada Post boxes and trans-shipments of goods and services to the islands around North Saanich
Our response to the pandemic has been guided by the BC Ministry of Health, our Provincial Health Officer and the BC Centre for Disease Control. Measures taken to date are outlined below.
- Staff have been given the choice to work or to stay at home, and some staff are able to work from home.
- Practicing two-meter physical distancing across our site.
- All facilities are undergoing more frequent and enhanced cleaning.
- Increased hand washing by all employees.
- Washroom facilities are limited to single usage.
- Chandleries remain open, with curb side delivery only – please call ahead to place an order.
- The office is open, but visitors are asked to knock and someone will come to see you at an appropriate distance.
- The Stonehouse Restaurant & Pub, Porto Osteria and the shower facilities are closed.
There are 20 businesses operating at Canoe Cove – each has had to develop a unique response to COVID-19 based on their facilities and the nature of their work. Some businesses are fully operational, some are closed temporarily and others offer limited services. We are welcoming transient boats in the marina; if you have a boat that requires servicing, please call in advance to confirm if the services you need are available. A full list of businesses at Canoe Cove and a link to each of their websites can be found here.
For customers who moor their boat in our marina, you are welcome to come down and access your boat anytime providing you can commit to the following guidelines provided by BC’s Provincial Health Officer:
- Maintain a distance of two meters from anyone who does not live in your home.
- Wash your hands frequently.
- Cough or sneeze into your sleeve.
- If you are not feeling well or have any symptoms whatsoever, stay home.
As the situation with COVID-19 evolves, we will continue to post updates on our website.
If you have any questions or require further information, please call us at 250.656.5566.